- About Us
- Electrical Services
- Renewable Energy
- Case Studies
Domestic Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI)
You can get paid for switching to a renewable energy heating system. When you join the Government’s Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI) scheme and comply with its rules, you can receive quarterly payments for seven years.
The RHI scheme is available for households both off and on the gas grid. However, your new renewable energy system has more potential to cut your fuel bills and reduce your carbon emissions if you’re currently off the mains gas grid. To join the RHI you must:
- have a domestic dwelling capable of acquiring an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC)
- install an eligible renewable energy system*
- acquire an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) - available from Warmaway
- install loft and cavity wall insulation, if recommended in your EPC (exemptions are possible), and acquire an updated EPC.
Warmaway can advise you on the right technical specification and survey your home to ascertain whether or not it’s suitable for switching. We work all over Yorkshire helping people make cost-effective heating decisions.
* Eligible renewable energy heating systems include certain technical specifications of biomass-only boilers and biomass pellet stoves that heat your home (or home & water); air source heat pumps; ground source heat pumps; and solar thermal panels (flat plat or evacuated tube only) that heat your water.
Take a look at the renewable heat incentives website here to see how you can benefit, then come back and talk to us about installation and what it means to you in plain English.